Information ITW Collects and How We Use It
Collection of personal information
You may choose to provide personal information (for example your name, address, telephone number and email address) on this or other ITW websites, however not providing this may result in reduced functionality. ITW’s usage of this information will be consistent with this Policy or the policy associated with the applicable ITW site.
This website is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on this site or other ITW sites. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen, we will delete the information from our records.
- Essential Cookies
Some cookies serve an essential function and the websites cannot work properly without them. Where such essential cookies are used, they cannot be disabled.
- Browser and Flash Cookies
Other cookies serve a functional purpose and improve the user experience of the websites. We use browser and Flash cookies to tell us, for example, whether you’ve visited us before, and to help us identify site features in which you may have the greatest interest. Browser and Flash cookies may enhance your online experience by saving your preferences while you are visiting a particular site so that you do not need to reset them each time you visit the website. Neither Browser nor Flash cookies can identify you as an individual. You can decline any Browser cookie through your browser however, without Browser cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all our website features. Similar to Browser cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all website features once you have disabled Flash cookies.
- Web Beacons
Some types of cookies collect aggregate information which help us to improve our websites by providing information, for example, on loading errors and the most visited webpages. Certain pages on our site may contain web beacons (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). ITW uses web beacons to help display content to visitors and to generate statistics regarding web traffic and trends. Web beacons cannot identify you as an individual.
- Advertising Cookies
ITW will provide notice and obtain consent to our visitors when cookies are used for targeted advertising purposes as required by local law. If a visitor declines to consent, they will not receive any advertising cookies.
Use of Personal Information
We may use the personal information collected about you for the following purposes:
- Provide, administer and communicate with you about products, services, events, surveys and promotions by ITW or our affiliates (including by sending you marketing communications);
We also may use personal information for other additional purposes. We will identify these additional purposes at the time of collection.
Sharing and Transferring of Your Personal Information
Sharing & Transfers
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about our website visitors outside ITW and its affiliates, except as described here.
- We may share information provided by our visitors to this and other ITW sites with service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf. These service providers are contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- We may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials as required to comply with a legitimate legal request, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We may transmit the personal information we collect on this site or other ITW sites to other countries where we do business, including for websites accessed in the European Union, to the US, but we will do so only for the purposes described herein. ITW has corporate compliance rules governing our treatment of personal information of European Union residents.
How We Protect Your Information
At ITW, our goal is to protect your personal information submitted to us through our sites. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration or destruction of the personal information you provide on this and other ITW websites. We also employ reasonable technologies to help keep the personal information you provide on this site secure.
Links to Other Sites
We provide links to other web sites for your convenience and information. These sites may have their own privacy statements in place, which we recommend you review if you visit any linked web sites. We are not responsible for the content of linked sites or any use of the sites.
California Privacy Rights
Annually California residents may request and obtain information that ITW shared with other businesses for their own direct marketing use within the prior calendar year (as defined by California’s “Shine the Light Law”). If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which ITW shared this information in the immediately preceding calendar year. To obtain this information, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “California Shine the Light Privacy Request” in the subject line as well as in the body of your message. We will then respond to that email address with the requested information.
Mobile Information We Collect
- Personally identifiable information (e.g. Name, email address) we collect consists only of what you share with us. For example, certain products may ask for this type of information so that we may contact you by phone or email at your request. You choose what, how, and when you want to share.
- If you use any location-enabled products, you may be sending us location information. ITW does not store or use this information other than to provide the service you requested. For example, a mobile product may use GPS data to find a nearby restaurant you requested. Location-enabled features are opt-in and you have control over your participation and can turn these services off at any time.
- Some mobile applications will utilize Google Analytics (or similar tool) to help us better serve our customers through improved products, services, and revisions to the mobile applications. This collected information will not identify you to ITW. It may, however, let us know anonymously, which services and features you are using the most within the application, as well as device type and hardware features, country and language of download.
- Use of 3rd party services such as social sharing sites (e.g., Facebook & Twitter) is governed by the privacy practices of those services. ITW does not capture or store your login information or other personally identifiable information for these services, however session info or cookies may be stored.
Mobile How We Use Collected Information
- We use the information to personalize your experience with the application and to improve your overall experience including the development of new products, services, and features. We also use the information to provide customer support, and when applicable, register and administer your account. Additionally, we may use the information you provide to contact you about updates to our service.
- Information you provide may be used to fulfill the service(s) or carry out the transaction(s) you have requested or authorized. For example, if you authorize a purchase through a mobile eCommerce application, we will use provided information to ship and bill you.
Mobile Information sharing
ITW does not share any collected information with 3rd parties with the following exceptions:
- ITW may provide some personal data to third-party partners that are providing services essential to your mobile user experience.
- All requests are sent through your mobile carrier’s network and your carrier may have access to it. Consult your carrier’s privacy policies for additional information.
Certain mobile products and services and manufacturers allow you to interact and share your information with others. For example, you may want to Tweet or post to your Facebook page content from an ITW mobile application. Consult your mobile device manufacturer, or mobile product or application developer’s privacy policies for additional information.